Are we, in the USA, really sure we want to move toward Socialism? Do we really understand what it means? The Joys of Socialism chronicles one family’s adventure into European Socialism. It is by no means meant to be an exhaustive study on the differences between socialism and free market capitalism. It does, however, highlight some major differences. This book is intentional in its purpose; to make the reader think about such issues as health care, education, religion, taxes (Is there such thing as a free lunch?), and basic freedoms. The differences are enormous. You will have to read it to believe it!
“The dilemma of modern man is simple: he does not know why man has any meaning.” Francis A. Schaeffer
When we try to give meaning to human existence with out being tethered to an outside reality we end up, intellectually, all over the place. Meaning becomes something I like. Meaning becomes something we like. Meaning becomes something arbitrary.
1. Abortion is okay because a fetus is not a Human.
2. A botched abortion produces a live Human.
3. The death penalty is wrong because it is inhumane (definition needed).
4. While assisted suicide is humane, because quality of life counts. (ah)
5. Vandalism, theft, and destruction of private property is okay if people are protesting (the proper cause).
6. Some candidates for president are scrutinized while others are ignored.
Shame on the news media for not having intellectual integrity.
I admit that I feel abused or violated after hearing or watching the news!